My friend Eva and I have this obsession that we couldn’t resist whenever we are traveling. Whether I’m traveling with her or just by myself, I won’t be boarding to the plane without a Starbucks City Mug from that place.
This obsession starts when our batch celebrated our 3 years anniversary in Singapore, Indonesia and Malaysia. We were thinking of something to buy as souvenirs for ourselves that time and that’s when we thought of buying a Kuala Lumpur City Mug. Since then, we can’t resist the temptation of buying any designs available for every city. It’s like the first item that we scout in every airport after we passed out at the immigration.
I’m the one at the background at HKIA
Eva and I had a lot of experiences in with Starbucks City Mug.. here are some of them…
At the ruins after buying our City Mug
1) Macau, we are at Venetian and we found out that the Starbucks in Venrtian Hotel have run out of City Mug. We ask them to call on every Starbucks in Macau and have it reserved under our name. I remember placing our reservation at MGM Hotel but bought it in Senado Square.
Starbucks at Senado Square
2) We were in Shenzhen, China. There is only one important agenda on the tour aside from going to WOW. That is to visit the only Starbucks in the city and buy a mug. We end up buying I think more than 10 mugs! LOL
From China, with our Starbucks hording
3) I got a text from Eva asking me if I want to go to Bangkok. Next thing we know that we are already in Siam Paragon buying our City Mug!
At Siam Paragon after our last shopping for the night, City Mug
4) We asked our friend Elrin to buy us a Singapore mini City Mug when we were about to meet her at Hongkong. By the way, we already have the giant City mug when we asked her.
5) As for myself, I checked out almost all branches of Starbucks around Harvard University but still failed to get hold of Boston City Mug.
6) I was in Starbucks asking if they have Jersey City Mug. The barista keeps on telling me that they don’t carry it and I can only get it at the city. I told him, yeah I need the Jersey City Mug. After few seconds, I realized that I was already in New York and the city that he was telling me about is Manhattan. (my uncle lives near the NY border LOL)
7) Eva seems to be bored in Illinois, browsed the Starbucks website and found out Starbucks is having promotional mugs! That’s where she bought some of her collections on a great deal!
8 ) With so much addiction to Starbucks City Mugs, she even come up with a blog to showcase her collections! ==>www.starbuckscitymug.info
That’s how we are crazy about City Mugs. Sometimes, we even asks our friend to buy us some whenever they will be going to some places that we haven’t been too! I miss traveling with Eva… she is my yaya! kidding…
Note: I am trying to look at my Starbucks City Mug photos but I can’t seem to find it. My camera isn’t working right now.. I’ll post the photos as soon as I’ve find it.